It’s really 22 top christmas gift ideas because I am sneaking in
It’s Good 2 Give gifts –
how about making a small donation of just £1 or £2 for a message on our wishing tree – if you pay a wee bit extra we will even put it on our facebook page so you can share it with whoever you wrote it for!
or…..we have 2012 wall calendars with gorgeous photos of Scottish landscape scenes by Donald Ford – just £8 each or an insulated mug for these chilly mornings – £4 each. Got a runner in the family? Buy them one of our running vests – a great buy at only £12.
and if you like our events – how about buying a gift voucher for one of our afternoon tea events – £25 each and the recipient can choose from any of our 2012 afternoon tea dates once they are announced in January. Email me if you’d like to buy one
Gift vouchers make splendid gifts – they are always welcomed and are easy to purchase (often possible to do online)
As you know, I love to promote local businesses so, in no particular order, here goes-
1. Hamilton & Inches, incredible jeweller in George Street. Yes, they have utterly divine and expensive pieces of jewellery but they also have utterly divine and affordable silver jewellery – fantastic bracelets, earrings, charms, cufflinks. And friendly, charming, wonderful staff.
2. Renideo – what a wonderful gift to give or get – a voucher for time with Karen Finlayson a style coach who is, quite simply, fantastic and very interested in the self belief and self confidence of the person.
3. Orocco Pier – great food and awesome views of the Forth Bridges
4. Fifi Wilson – stunning clothes and accessories from this gorgeous boutique in the heart of Bruntsfield
5. More gorgeous clothes – this time from Kakao by K inThistle Street
6. All things kilt-y – and contemporary 21st century Kilts – just across the road from Kakao by K
7. Food again – consider a voucher for one of the Fishers restaurants – Fishers, Fishers in the City or The Shore (my personal favourite is The Shore)
8. Books your thing? Consider a visit to the Edinburgh Bookshop at Bruntsfield – personal service and once you’ve been once or twice they will start to recommend books to suit you. And if you need any recommendations for books – I thoroughly recommend Sara Sheridan‘s Secret of the Sands or The Secret Mandarin, Maggie O’Farrell’s The Hand that First held Mine and for younger readers any of Cathy Cassidy’s books.
9. Bruntsfield again (well it is a fantastic shopping area) – if you like Stollen then you must visit Falko’s bakery – and why not have a coffee while you are there.
10. Craigie’s Farm has a huge range of products for christmas dinner and more. Who wouldn’t like to receive a hamper as a gift? Plus there’s the cafe too!
11. Keen photographer? I can highly recommend the Kolo range of albums available at 50% discount from me. They are truly stunning albums – lots of different sizes and colours
12. Personalised stationery – how decadent. and luxurious. And gorgeous. And available from luxury online stationer Magenta Ink
13. If you have relatives visiting Scotland in 2012, Timberbush Tours has a huge range of tours they could go on and in luxurious style too.
14. Maybe you need to get fit in 2012 (yes, I know that’s got to be top of my list with the Kilimanjaro trek coming up in 2013) – if you live north west edinburgh consider joining Curves Barnton gym. if you live south east then consider contacting Pamela Stafford of Fitness Bodies and enlisting her help.
15. We all love a bit of pampering so consider a voucher for a treatment at one of the Zest health and beauty salons – the treatment list is long and there is something for everyone, even teens.
16. Talking of teens, how about a voucher for a meal at the Hard Rock Cafe in George Street, Edinburgh?
17. More clothes talk – at the West End of Edinburgh we have two stores to highly recommend – Sam Brown in William Street and The Cupboard in Stafford Street. AS well as amazing clothes the personal attention and service is second to none.
18. Still at the West End, how about a voucher for a hair treatment -the fantastic Charlie Miller salon in Stafford Street though there are also salons at Ocean Terminal, Bruntsfield and South St David Street.
19. What about stocking fillers? Lily -Mo has a lovely range of bracelets and if you mention It’s Good 2 Give she will give a donation to us for each sale- she can be found on facebook or email her firstname.lastname@example.org
20. My ‘office in town’ and for me, the best coffee in town too. (I’ve seen the hot chocolate and it looks sublime too) – Victor, Carina and their staff will make you feel like family. Try Centotre in George Street and the Scottish Cafe at the Gallery on Princes Street. Both well worth a visit. You can buy a gift voucher for here too. A pressie I would love.
21. Last and certainly not least if you are in town around Frederick Street visit Dickson Reid hair and buy the lady in your life a voucher for a hair or beauty treatment or a set of GHD’s. Super friendly and they are also promoting our Christmas Wishing Tree tags!